When I die, I hope they play the DCI Christmas CD in heaven.
Why Color Guard is Easy and Wonderful:
- We don’t get told when to breathe
- Flag silks make for blankets when it’s cold
- Flag silks also make for an excuse to go inside when it’s raining
- Glitter and sequins
- Jazz runs? Did that stuff back at audition camp
- We spend time stretching while everyone else is running
- If you miss your dot, it’s not our fault that you got hit
- We don’t need to tape sticks
- We don’t have to tune drums
- We don’t have brass instruments to polish before every show
- We do have glitter
- Diva walks
- "Get it"
- Finals: Glitter x7
Why Color Guard is Hard
- Always look at the box.
- Initiation, initiation, initiation
- Guard makeup and hair
- "Hot mess"
- Warm up properly or break your body
- Remember the Karma Cap, the Handicapped Man, and to not split the pole
- We get placed behind the horns a lot, and we can’t exactly look at the drum major when our rifle is spinning ten feet above our heads
- Never ever ever ever ever break character
- If you hit a horn or a drummer, that must mean you suck
- Color guard is strictly visual. So we don’t get called out for cracking a note or coming in slightly late for a rimshot, but if you drop your equipment, initiate late to a count, forget your work, or do anything else to make you look different from everyone else, God have mercy on your soul because the audience and the judges will NOT forget it
So if the guard could stop complaining about how much more difficult their job is than everyone else, and everyone else could stop making fun of how easy the color guard has it, that would be awesome.
Because color guard isn’t more or less difficult than anyone else’s job, it’s just judged by a different standard.
“Be as weird as possible running onto the field”
Never not reblog.
I feel like the guy on tenors was the designated driver.
Nah he probably just couldn’t be that weird cause they’re heavy
Your logic is unwanted here.
#drumcorps #dci #unselfie #givingtuesday
I love this
Except without tour fees you
Wouldn’t get fed
Have rehearsal space
Guard, say bye to makeup
Staff would be little or none
Tour fees are the main financial support for drum corps.
I don’t think that’s what she meant. I think she meant that it’s extremely disappointing when talented individuals miss out on a great opportunity cause they can’t afford it. Not that drum corps tuition is a bad and financially abusing concept.
breaking: social justice tumblr strikes unsuspecting drum corps post
I’m writing a paper for my Information Literacy class (that’s worth the absolute majority of my grade). I’m writing it about the media and the effects it has on body image.
I ask for one thing: can ANYONE PLEASE fill out this quick survey? It’s about six questions and it’s purely confidential, but I have to have a survey in order to have first-hand statistics for this paper.
Please please and thank you!!
I’m in a permanent state of sock tan lines
My own personal Cavalier.
2013 Blue Team Bass
BlooBs and Evil Bass represent. So much talent in this photo